20 x Honeybush Tea Bags
Honeybush tea is made from a medicinal flowering plant called Cyclopia. The tea is considered to be a type of red tea, it has a floral, lightly roasted taste and a smell that is kindred to honey, hence the name Honeybush. The Honeybush plant is found in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.
- Helps lower blood sugar levels
- Helps prevent, manage and treat type 2 diabetes
- Treats inflammation-related illnesses
- Improves skin health
Use one tea bag of Honeybush bush tea per cup. Add freshly boiled water, allow to brew for 3 minutes.
Store Honeybush tea in a cool, dry place. Once opened, re-seal or store in an air-tight container.
Honeybush Tea is extracted from a medicinal flowering plant called Cyclopia.
Honeybush tea contains xanthones and flavanones, biologically active chemical compounds with a range of health benefits attributed to them. The xanthones contained in Honeybush tea are a rich source of antioxidants which possess anti-inflammatory benefits and anti-bacterial and cancer-fighting properties that improve skin health .
Research has showed that the polyphenols (naturally occurring organic compounds) found in Honeybush Tea may help prevent, manage and treat type 2 diabetes . They lower blood sugar levels by promoting the regeneration of damaged pancreatic cells and encouraging insulin secretion.
Disclaimer: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council.
- Diane L McKay, Jeffrey B Blumberg. A review of the bioactivity of South African herbal teas: rooibos (Aspalathus linearis) and honeybush (Cyclopia intermedia).
- Olawale R. Ajuwon, Ademola O. Ayeleso, and Gbenga A. Adefolaju. The Potential of South African Herbal Tisanes, Rooibos and Honeybush in the Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
Delivery within 3-5 working days anywhere in South Africa.