20 x cancer bush tea bags
Cancer Bush Tea is made from an indigenous medicinal plant called Sutherlandia Frutescens.
- Boosts the immune system
- Treats fever, colds and flu
- Relieves menstrual cramps
- Boosts the libido
- Helps with mental and emotional stress
- Helps with irritation, anxiety and depression
- Helps with indigestion and improves appetite
- Helps with inflammation-related illnesses
Use one tea bag of cancer bush tea per cup. Add freshly boiled water, allow to brew for 3 minutes. Cancer bush tea is bracingly bitter, you may choose to add some honey to your tea.
Store cancer bush tea in a cool, dry place. Once opened, re-seal or store in an air-tight container.
Scientific Name: Sutherlandia frutescens (Lessertia frutescens)
Common Names: Sutherlandia, cancer bush, balloon pea, turkey flower (English); umnwele (Xhosa & Zulu); kankerbos, blaasbossie, blaas-ertjie, eendjies, gansiekeurtjie, klappers, hoenderbelletjie (Afrikaans); phetola, mokakana (Setswana); Mmuša pelo wa noka (Sepedi); musa-pelo, motlepelo (Sesotho)
Cancer bush tea is extracted from a hardy perennial shrub with orange-red flowers, called Sutherlandia frutescens. This indigenous medicinal plant is drought-resistant and is used extensively in South Africa to treat various health conditions. The Sutherlandia plant is often harvested wild and is very popular, having more than 25 recorded names across multiple regions. Within South Africa, you’ll find the cancer bush plant in the Northern Cape, Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape and Western Cape.
The healing properties of cancer bush (Sutherlandia) rely on its ability to help the human body to make use of its own immunologic and physiologic resources to help fight diseases and reduce mental and emotional stress. Studies carried out on cancer bush extracts have proven it to possess antiproliferative, antiviral, anti-stress, anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, antimutagenic, antibacterial, antioxidant, and antithrombotic properties. This aligns with existing traditional knowledge about the plant.
Disclaimer: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council.
- Phakamani M’ Afrika Xaba, P. 2007. The cancer bush, a timeless remedy.
- Oluwaseyi M. Aboyade, PhD; Gustav Styger, PhD; Diana Gibson, PhD; and Gail Hughes, DrPH, MPH. Sutherlandia frutescens: The Meeting of Science and Traditional Knowledge.
- Prevoo D, Smith C, Swart P, Swart AC. The effect of Sutherlandia frutescens on steroidogenesis: confirming indigenous wisdom.
- Van Wyk B-E, Albrecht C. A review of the taxonomy, ethnobotany, chemistry and pharmacology of Sutherlandia frutescens (Fabaceae).
Delivery within 3-5 working days anywhere in South Africa.