Pearl Millet Risotto with Tomato Recipe
2. Pearl millet 400g
3. 1 can diced tomatoes
4. 1 tsp tomato paste
5. 1 tsp sugar
6. 1 onion
7. 2 clove garlic
8. Finely chopped fresh thyme
9. Fresh basil
11. Cayenne pepper or dried chilli flakes
12. Olive oil
14. Salt & pepper
- Fry the finely chopped onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes in a hot pan. Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and stir well.
- Add finely chopped thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and sugar, and season to taste.
- Remember, cayenne pepper is strong so adjust, if you don’t want it strong.
- Add cooked pearl millet and toss in the grated parmesan. Finally add the coarsely chopped basil and serve the pearl millet risotto with extra parmesan and some nice olive oil.