- 3 heaped tbsp Eucalyptus tea
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 litre boiled water
- 1 cup kombucha starter
- 1 unit SCOBY
- 5 limes, juiced
- Make the tea base by adding the tea bags and brown sugar into a large jar.
- Pour in 1 litre of boiled water, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Allow the tea to seep and cool completely. Remove the teabags.
- Pour the kombucha starter into the tea, add the SCOBY and cover the jar with a cheesecloth, wrapping an elastic band around the mouth to secure the cheesecloth. Leave to ferment for 3 days, or until there is carbonation and preferred acidity.
- Remove the SCOBY. Tip: Place the SCOBY in a jar, cover with kombucha and set aside for next batch.
- Pour the kombucha into a bottle with an airtight lid, add the lime juice and pulp. Close the lid and allow to sit at room temperature for a day, to allow for second fermentation (opening the lid once, to release the carbonation build up). Strain the kombucha.
- Store the kombucha in the fridge to slow-down further fermentation once desired carbonation and flavour is reached.